This year's 'eid celebration was a bit different for me. Before this, I only spent the 1st day at home..entertaining guests and relatives that come to our house. On the 2nd day..together with family members, it's our turn to 'beraya' to others' houses. Then, on the 3rd or 4th day..off I went joining my gang for raya convoy from north to south (Kudat-KB-KK-Papar-Membakut-Beaufort-Sipitang). This year, there's no convoy with friends but with family.
On the 2nd day, followed by my cousins and aunt E in a silver VIVA, we drove down to KK to celebrate raya with our family members (relatives on my mum's side). In KB, we dropped by at my eldest sister's house. She and her 3 daughters joined us to the city. Half an hour before that, we paid a visit to our granny's house - my grandpa's youngest sister who lives in adjacent village. From my sister's house, we continued the journey. As I led the convoy, I stole another half an hour..brought them all 'beraya' to my friend's house who stays in that same village - the only friend I've visited this raya (Fido's house).
We reached Tuaran at maghrib and stopped by at Sri Kumbuyau - my uncle's house. In his 70's, my uncle still has quite a sharp memory. He could still remember incidents that happened ages and ages ago... That day, upon greetings, he blurted out some funny remarks related to one of my cousins when she was a little girl. Even my cousin herself couldn't remember that incident. Later on, some stories dug out and a few more incidents were reminisced. Hehe..raya is really the best time to fish out secrets ;-)
We left Sri Kumbuyau at 7++ p.m. and headed to KK. It was already very dark...and raining. Well...I'm astig..quite high degree! The blinding lights from the opposite vehicles always make me uncomfortable to drive at night..especially on roads with poor lights and useless lamp posts.. kinda torture to my eyes. Uneven road..with holes here and there could be some kind of 'bonuses'. Thank god, my Kembara is tough! We reached our destination safe and sound...Alhamdulillah... Our guardian angels must be busy keeping us safe that night :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment